Sunday, August 3, 2014

Transfer

So this week, were transfers. I did NOT think i was getting transferred. I thought I was going to stay in Darkhan. Because I had an english class going up there. But I got transferred. At first I was NOT happy about it. But then we were out in our area, amoungst the mountains and we could see the whole see city. The mountain behind ub is sooooo much bigger than I thought it was. I can't even believe it.  I said earlier I did not want to come back, but from this side of the city it's a new fresh view on things... pun intended.

Okay so my new area is Jargalant. There are 4 new sisters in the ward. Before there were just elders.  So we are all white washing. But my part of the ward, there hasn't been missionaries here for 3 months... so we have 1 investigator and 1 new member family.  Which they are both AMAZING. The one investigator is getting baptized in 2 weeks. SHE is so ready.  She has read the BOM twice!  I have never had an easier investigator.  I keep thinking that she'll have a problem or concern but during our lesson yesterday she was answering questions so well and just has so much faith. Okay aaand the one family that are new members... yeah the whole family got baptized together. THey have such a special spirit in my their home. So right now we are just praying for miracles to happen. Because we need to find new investigators. (sidestory)  I saw the cutest husky yesterday so I asked to put the puppy (because usually dogs here are noooot cute, because their all muts). But this puppy was so cute, it wasn't pure but it was still very husky.  Yeah so we started talking to the girl who had the puppy, and she wasn't interested but I got to pet the curtest puppy so it's okay.

Okay I learned so many cool things this week... This week I looked up the word One in the topical guide and found all theses scriptures with one it it. But the best one I found was in Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12: "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

So first Of all I didn't know that "two are better than one" saying came from the bible... but it's so true. And it gives us a bunch of reasons why we need to work together. First, they will be more productive (econ 101), they lift each other, they strengthen and protect one another.  ONe of my favorite lessons to teach to members is about "The center of Power". sorry if I've already shared this.  Anyway in 3rd nephi 4, 3-4 the nephites subsist for 7 years within themselves. They needed to do this to protect each other from the giandianton robbers. I like the giandanton robbers to any kind of weakness that we have. Alone it is hard to not sucumb to weaknesses but when we are one with our family or ward we can protect each eachother and uplift.

Okay and also this week a Senior sister missionary gave the best relief socity lesson. So i could understand her perfect... Anwyay she was talking about elder uchdorf's Liahona article "the Lords' Harvest". Sometimes we expect the seeds we plant to grow right away.  And she gave told the best story about a gardening experience: (almost word for word)

A couple years ago, I had planted a bunch of tomatoes in my garden. And they had grown big and tall and very green. Then out of nowhere a huge hailstorm came and destroyed my tomatoes plants. The storm took off all the leaves. All that was left were the stems. I started to cry. I was crushed. I had put so much work into these plants.  And I had 2 choices. I could just pull up the stems and be patient and let them grow.  I decided to just leave them and let them grow. I didn't have enough time int he growing season to plant new ones. Eventually the leaves came back and produced fruit." She related this experience to our families. Sometimes our life is really hard with our families. We have problems and we feel like we have nothing left.  But sometimes the seeds we plant, take time to produce fruit. It may take years and years but with patience they will grow. Anyway I loved her experience. hopefully it makes sense. I"M RUNNING OUT OF TIME.


OKay love you family.


Things I need:
Proactive (2) number 1, (2) number 2 and (1) number 3

Things I want:
new music... like gospel music (like southern baptist kind, or brother where are though kind), Les miserables
New work out videos. just like a zumba one and a power yoga video.  ( I work our everyday day with the dvd's you gave me... and I wake up early so I can do two) I really appreciated the set you already sent.
Biotin (there is this really cheap kind that you can get a target that is their general brand. You can find other general brands that are cheaper) I want my hair to grow fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment