Sunday, May 4, 2014

Can I get some eggs?

I had the most wonderful week. Yesterday I was just so happy. Transfers are this week. I don't want to be split up with my companion. She is truly and amazing missionary, and person. I feel so lucky everyday. But I don't know what will happen.

We are teaching the best family right now.  This women who's name is hishegjargath, she has a bunch of granddaughters that live with her.  She is 68 but seriously looks younger than that. And she makes the best pancakes. They are slightly a different recipe then traditional pancakes, but they are fluffly and amazing and it was like eating fluffy clouds.  And to top it off she made the best homemade blueberry jam, which was still warm (which I will learn for our bakery mara).  Can you say amazing.  So not only is she an amazing cook, but she is the most wonderful person. I love her spirit.  She and her granddaughter committed to being baptized in a month. And lately we have had more time to meet with members, because I dont' have to teach english right now.  And when we meet with members they are more likely to come be our witnesses, or have a lesson at their house.  And the members help so much.  They are so wonderful.

So this week, I talked to a lot of single women members. They all have the same problem. They don't really date.  Why?? Because worthy priesthood holders are few and far between. And these girls are really pretty, return missionaries and just great members.  I have never been so thankful for a whole family of brothers, that as far as I know are being worthy priesthood holders.

So this week the new mission doctor came. Guess what... they lived in St. Louis 4 years a long time ago. And Barb Warmheister is her best friend. She knows that hintze's, the oscarsons, and the morgons. So amazing. We were talking about st. Louis and how great it is.  She said she had a hard time leaving st.Louis.  I love the new mission doctor and his wife. They tried to bare their testimony in mongolian! haha That is so amazing, most of the old couples don't try very hard to learn mongolian (minus the Farmers).  I was so very impressed. No one taught them, it was just self taught. So maybe people couldn't understand them, but like I said I am impressed they tried. And I know the mongolians probably loved it.

This week weak got snow dumped on his. But it only lasted a couple of hours. I was so mad at "winter". It's almost summer.... it shouldn't be snowing. But it melted the next day. And mongolian is turning a little more green.  So beautiful.

So old people can't understand me very well, cause one they have heard a lot of foreigners speak mongolian.... and my accent is bad obviously.  So this week I went in the store right by our apartment to get eggs. I asked "Do you have eggs?", but she pointed across the store, and there were no eggs. I was so confused. So I said it again.  So my companion finally intervenes and says can "we have 4 eggs?". So it turns out the lady thought I said underwear and not eggs.  I died.... It was so funny. Then we were talking to her a little bit. She had faith in me that I would learn to speak mongolian well. As we were leaving, I asked her "Can you understand me?"... And she said this loud "huuuuh"? My companion and I died. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

So this week I was study the Isaiah chapters in Nephi... And I came upon 2 Nephi 14:6.  This is seriously my new favorite scripture about the temple well I think it's talking about the temple.

And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of arefuge, and a covert from storm and from rain.

The temple is a place of refuge and we can gain strength when we go.  So GO TO THE TEMPLE!

Well I will talk to you next week, my time 11am, on monday the 12th... Which is sunday night your time. (Garrett and Allie! you better be on my call this time!)

See you then,
Love!
Sister Sara Eskelsen




No comments:

Post a Comment