Sunday, December 21, 2014

"Come eat my apples boy, and be happy"

OK so this week I did not get transferred and i'm with my same companion. And we were like, ok good, we can probably baptize or investigators. They just are taking a little more time to be prepared. Which is totally fine.  We are teaching 2 families right now. One is a part member family, where the wife is the member and one of her kids are members. And the other family is their friends.  It's such a blessing. We keep telling them how lucky they are that everyone is interested at the same time. 


So this week my ward had their Christmas party. And the spiritual part was so good. Thad different rooms and everyone entered and they preformed kind of. And one of the 1st rooms was about temple work. And the room was dark and it signified spirit prison. And they were talking amongst themselves. How long have you been waiting? Oh i've been waiting 1000 years. And then people would leave the room and say i gotta go and it signified being baptized. It was so witty and cool and definitely maybe how it is.  
So this week we kind of chastised one of our investigators. She like stopped praying cause she forgets. And I kind of felt bad after, but then the next day, we talked to her (kuma) and she was like "I prayed twice today!". So I was so happy.  

Ok this week in my English class i am reading the giving tree to my 2nd graders. I LOVE THAT BOOK. And we are making it into kind of a play that they can read/perform.  I'm really excited. But I have read the book a million times and just this time I realized the main point of the book.   The tree ends of giving everything she has and  by the end of the book you think she has nothing. But then the boy takes and takes and takes and is never happy. But the tree is happy.  Those who give are happy. So simple but a great lesson to remember.  Especially for christmas.

So last week, i didn't write i forgot to tell you guys. So my companion and I were getting off the bus from English and this guy like runs up to us. He starts to talk to us about church right away.  And then asks about english. And then we evenutally get his number but he was like, no wait can I get your number to call you. So we got his info and went home. Then we call the other sisters that serve in the same church building and they told us that, he came right into the church and wanted to meet with the missionaries right away. But how amazing. we've been meeting with him but we kind of want to give him to the Elders cause he's 20 and we'd always have to find a witness. But he's so prepared. He keeps asking us about what activities are going on. He's more active then some members. It's kind of amazing.

This week I have started to read Our Heritage, ITS SO GOOD. LIke if you have read it you need to read. Sometimes we think oh this commandment is hard, oh this is hard too. But we forget the great sacrifices that the early saints have made. And whenever I read the book and just remember how thankful I should be. I never had to walk across the plains with bleeding feet from no shoes. And never had the really leave my family. One guy he lead some saints on the way from nauvoo. He had to leave his pregnant wife and didn't hear anything for 2 months. Finally he heard that his wife had a "fat baby boy", and then that man wrote the some "Come come ye saints". Even though these saints bore so much burden, they were happy to and didn't want to be anywhere else. 

Last week I read in 1 Nephi 15:
"And they said unto me: What meaneth the river of water which our father saw? And I said unto them that the water which my father saw was filthiness; and so much was his mind swallowed up in other things that he beheld not the filthiness of the water."
So especially me I get distracted and caught up in things that don't matter.  And then don't realize the consequences of my actions, or the "filthiness of the water".  Anyway I loved that this week.
KI LOVE YOU FAMILY. Talk to you on christmas eve.

Is is bad that my prayer turned into a two minute nap? Obvi bc it was so spiritual and peaceful. #excuses 

No comments:

Post a Comment