Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3 Baptisms

This week we had 3 baptisms! So exciting.  One of the investigators has been an investigator for 2 years.She has a hard time understanding and soaking in information. But after she got baptized I was watching her. She was the happiest I have ever seen her. She was like a little child, listening to every word the speaker was saying. It was so amazing to see.

Today, I got a new companion. She was serving in Xanyyth where I was before. She seems really cool. I'm really excited.

This week I realized one day I was being so negative. So I tried to think of all the blessings that I have.  One, I am so thankful for my Eternal Family. It is such a blessing, the most people don't have. Two, I have the most awesome friends. I am truly so lucky.  I don't know why I get to have them. Three, I am so thankful for my healthy body.  Running is something I really miss, but I am blessed that I get to run, and play soccer or basketball.  I have more blessings but these are my top 3.

So this week I have been pondering Ammon. He was an amazing missionary, so obedient. But when King Lamoni falls to the earth, then the queen falls to the earth, and Ammon falls to the earth.

"Now Ammon seeing the Spirit of the Lord poured out according to his aprayers upon the Lamanites, hisbrethren, who had been the cause of so much mourning among the Nephites, or among all the people ofGod because of their iniquities and their btraditions, he fell upon his knees, and began to pour out hissoul in prayer and thanksgiving to God for what he had done for his brethren; and he was alsooverpowered with cjoy; and thus they all three had dsunk to the earth"

Anyway one of the queen's servants Abish, "she having been converted unto the Lord for many years,on account of a remarkable vision of her father". "she knew that it was the power of God; and supposingthat this opportunity, by making known unto the people what had happened among them, that bybeholding this scene it would dcause them to believe in the power of God, therefore she ran forth fromhouse to house, making it known unto the people."I love this story about Abish. She is in 3 verses or something but it made a profound effect on me.  She had a testimony and was ready to share it when the time was right. She stood up for what she knew was true in her heart. The people ended up not believing her that it was by the power of god, but it was evil. She was so sad that the people woudnt soften their hearts.  And right as she goes back to the queen "29 And it came to pass that she went andtook the queen by the ahand, that perhaps she might raise her from the ground; and as soon as shetouched her hand she arose and stood upon her feet, and cried with a loud voice, saying: O blessedJesus, who has saved me from an bawful hell! O blessed God, have cmercy on this people!". I mean what a miracle, she had such great faith. I Iove this story. She was such a good missionary.

This week I also, got my delth (traditional mongolian clothing). I love it so much. It fits me perfect.  And it was so cheep. I am getting hantas made also. It was my birthday present to myself. I wore my delth for the baptism. I have so much extra material, so I might just get a bunch of ties made for you guys. But I don't know I haven't figured it out.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE! I have been listening to the music all week.  PS Mara I just got your package today! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Cutest sweater, and I forgot how much I love redvines.

I love you all!  Peace and Blessings, peace and blessings.

Sister Sara Eskelsen




No comments:

Post a Comment