Sunday, July 27, 2014

Healing

his week was so hard for missionary work. We ran into sooo much opposition.  We meet with this family. There are 3 sisters. Two of them are our investigators and one of them has been a member for a year.  They were ready to be baptized in a week or two. Then we went to their house and they wouldn't even meet with us. They said right away, we won't go to church. And even the new member was saying this. I wanted to cry. We were trying to talk to them but they wouldn't listen to anything we were saying. I left their gehr so depressed. We went to the church to talk to our branch president about it and he wasn't the most worried about it.  He was like after nadam families have reunions and they all have a shaman, and the shamans all talk about how bad other religions are, and how their family can't be different religions. Maybe that was supposed to be comforting, but it made me feel worse.  Not only are they listening to some crazy shaman guy, but they really believe what he's saying. But my companion and I just talked about patience this morning, and then Rane wrote about patience. So I just need to keep positive and be patient.

Also, there is an inactive member that we try and meet with. His name is Bimba Ax.  And he is the one that reads his scriptures everyday and knows them so well, but he just has a problem with the Word of Wisdom and won't come to church. So we met with him yesterday.  And it was so good. We found out this one of his missionaries is actually one of the return missionaries in our ward right now! It was amazing to hear.  THESE THINGS JUST DON’T HAPPEN.  So next time we meet with him we are going to bring her and her husband.  Anyway Bimba's lesson was so great. We brought a member couple. They are the district president and his wife. THEY ARE THE MOST AMAZING PEOPLE. We prepared a lesson. But I got in their and I didn't know what to say. That's the spirit say, its okay you don't need to talk right now. So my companion started sharing "the natural man is an enemy to go..." blah blah blah scripture. Then the member couple just started helping teaching. It was so wonderful. They shared I felt what he needed to hear.  But one thing I learned last night was about hope and healing. The only way that we can gain complete hope and healing is though are savior.

I love Ether 12:4:
“Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

Bimba does not have any hope. He is depressed and it's a big cycle with his word of wisdom problem.  But our savior is always their extending his hands towards us.  We just need to look up and hope. 

In Alma 5:
"And now I ask of you on what conditions are they saved? Yea, what grounds had they to hope for salvation? What is the cause of their beingloosed from the bands of death, yea, and also the chains of hell?"

Our chains of hell come in many forms. But one thing is constant, if we endure through the atonement, we can be saved. Christ said to the Nephites:
"Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you... Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy."

The condition of us being healed is that we must come to him.  He perfectly understands us. Perfectly he is filled with compassion for us.  I know that Christ Lives I know he is our Savior.  I know he knows our pains and sorrows individually.

Also, this week I realized that I will never get to be teaching like this ever again. I never realized that before and I got sad all of a sudden. I dreaded going to school and work some days before. But I have never dreaded going out to do missionary work.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity.  I feel so lucky.

This 1st picture is me on a hill over looking darxhan... one of our investigators lives far away from everything. So we take a taxi out and have to walk back and hope that someone picks us up on the way. So that day no one picked us up and took a shortcut over the mountains.

2nd picture - my english class right now... THEY ARE SOO FUNNY. I like teaching them.



3rd - THe hills and I, one of the missionary couples. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I invited them to my wedding (No i haven't found anyone to marry but they are really awesome). For Zone conference we went to the river. It was so fun. I GOT TO PLAY SOCCER FOR THE 1st time in 2 months.




4th- My investigators dancing. We teach this whole family ( k all the kids, and their relatives. WE are trying to meet with their parents too.  But they prepared a dance for us, which turned into a dance party, which we just got to watch.  But It was so funny just being their.

Well I love you all! Be safe! Hand out BOM's! Help the missionaries!!

Tweets:

I can't remember my home phone number or any other important number in case of emergency. #cellphoneproblems #iphoneproblems #imissmyiphone


No comments:

Post a Comment