Sunday, June 22, 2014

Vain Imaginations

This week has been a little crazy. I had to go to the city because my companion was getting off her mission. My new companion is a mini-missionary.  I miss my old companion, but I am learning a lot of Mongolian words. While in the city I got to stay with my old companion sister Joggy! I was so thankful I just love that girl.

So my new companion's name is Bayertseteg and we were trying to find people to meet with this week. She has a ton of family here in Darxhan so we ended up teaching her grandma and cousins, or uncles maybe.  So the first lesson was sooo great, Everyone was super engaged in the lesson asking so many questions, and her uncle prayed with out any hesitation at the end.  And her cousin made the best tsoyvan. But after the lesson her grandma gave her some shoes and all of a sudden her grandma pulls out this deth.  She tells me to put it on and then she's like "this is for you". She just gave me a deth straight up. I don't know why I at all deserve it. But it's beautiful, and pink and I just love it. Her grandma makes a lot of deth's and it's really pretty.  And her grandma showed up to church, and she ended up having a friend that she had met previously that is a member. It was so great.  We had another lesson with her family yesterday, but her grandma wasn't there, but her cousin kept asking about the BOM. So we switched up the lesson and taught about the BOM.  I think it was a good lesson, but like all of her relatives that were interested are all going to the country... the dang country.

And this week we met with our investigators Ocher ax and Tsegmed.  Sister Matthews just put her whole heart on the line for the lesson and and after their "countenances were changed" just like King lamoanhi... yeah i can't spell and too lazy to look it up.  So Sister Matthew said something that was so true during the lesson.  The only reason we met with this guy is through bimba, who we only met because he randomly walked in to our new member's house during a lesson.  My companion said, that "you meeting us was no accident".  It was seriously such a miracle how we started meeting with them. It was so powerful i was crying during her testimony.  Then he received a priesthood blessing. I don't know or understand what came of it. But it was such a good lesson.   So later we met with them again with my new companion. and it was a good lesson.  My companion could understand him!!! Can you say miracle!! yeah even my branch president couldn't understand ochir ax very well...  It was great, cause I don't understand anything. I'll get a word here and there but that's it.  He promised to go to church. I have been praying with all my heart for him to come to church. He needs this gospel sooo bad. But Sunday came around and the whole meeting I kept checking the door. He never came. I was so sad. I don't know when he will become a member, but I know he will. I hope it's while I am here. But if it's not it's okay.

Tonight I will be going back to the city for english training tomorrow.  I don't like going to the city. My area is so great and green and beautiful.  The city is loud, crowded, dirty, and gray. But on the bright side I get to see the American Sister Missionaries. I'm so thankful for them.

This past week, I have been thinking a lot about Lehi's dream. Especially the part about the great and spacious building. "And the large and spacious building, which thy father saw, is vain imaginations and the pride of the children of men."  I have been think about, what are my vain imaginations or pride?  One thing is certain, God is our Heavenly Father, and he gives us truth and commandments. When we lean on man's understanding or our own understanding, we are relying on a "imaginations".  I'm too scared to share my vain imaginations that I realized this week. But it was such an eye opening experience.

Well Hope all is well. LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!

Sister Sara Eskelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment