Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Sounds

This week was so wonderful. On Friday we had Mission Conference. All the senior couples came to Darxhan for their own conference and at the end the watched this performance of Mongolian, dancing, music, and contortionists. My companion is leaving this week, so she got permission to go. And it was the most wonderful thing I have ever seen.  First they started playing a musical number, they were so many people in this small room, there was the Mongolian harp, which is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard, and this murin xuurs, which is like a violin kinda but bigger, and a bunch of other stuff. It was amazing. The did a bunch of dancing. And all their dancing looked like they were riding horses. It doesn't sound amazing. But it really was.  I think the murin xuur is one of the most beautiful instruments I have ever heard. My companion and I were both bawling throughout the whole thing. I realized how much I loved Mongolia.  And I was so thankful I got to go.  Mongolia is so full of rich culture. Even on the radio  most of the popular songs are about Mothers, Wives, Husbands, and Horses.  It's the best.

So this week was sooo busy. We were never really sitting still except for study. So Wednesday I was on a transfer with Sister Altantsetseg. We visited one of my investigators house, Ocher and Tsegmed.  They are Around 70 year old. The wife is sooooo buddhist.  So we were going to teach the Plan Of Salvation. So we tried, but the wife kept saying, like 5 times she said it, after the 3rd time I completely understood what she was saying.  Haha, but she kept saying that she was a buddhist but she respects other religions, but she doesn't understand other religions. And then Ocher had soo many questions, which is soooo great. But the only problem is he has no voice box. And his wife translates for him, but when she is closed to learning, she won't translate. And even Mongolians can't understand him. It was so frustrating. Ocher has such a desire to learn, but he hasn't been following up on his commitments, because of his health.  The next day I got back with my companion and told her about it.  But then Sunday we went again, with our branch President. We tried to study for them in the morning but we couldn't figure out what they needed to hear. Then we get to their house and all of a sudden my companion is like "WORD OF WISDOM". Ok not yelling but that's how I heard it in my head.  So we taught the word of wisdom. And the branch president and his wife explain it so why, to them.  I was so glad they were their. Also our branch president offered to give a blessing to him.  And then my companion puts her whole heart on the line. She bear her testimony and the spirit was so strong. If I write it down, it won't do it justice.  But I was almost crying through the whole thing. And usually after our lessons, tsegmed always has something to say, like she doesn't understand and she doesn't want to blah blah blah. But this time nothing! I was so happy. I think their hearts are softening. I know they will be members, it's just a matter of when. I'm so blessed to have met them. It was a good last lesson for my companion.

So a couples weeks ago decided to read 1 or 2 chapters a day using the BOM seminary study guide. Except it's in Mongolian, so my comprehension of the study guide isn't the best but I'm still learning a lot. Plus it's helping my vocabulary. But it usually I just read through and don't really stop to study EVERY Detail. But it has been great learning all the little facts. So my mission is doing this competition. As a whole mission we are doing this 12-week program(the missionary training guide), and you get points for all that you do.  And we get bonus points for answering the questions every week. And one of them is What are the name of the 3 Nephites that are still living. So in the scriptures it's like "and I was forbidden to write their names". So that was going to be my answer.  I was convinced that it was a trick question. But then I had just read the verse in 1 Nephi 10:19  "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." And Then I was like, we can know their names!  So we wrote down all of the apostles that Jesus called and by the process of elimination have a really good guess.

I had to eat stomach this week... ugh I hate it so much.  But I have only had to eat it a  couples times.

PS I hit my 9 month mark... wooooord.

And this morning, since it was my companion's last p-day we got up at 4am to watch the sunset on the hill next door.  It was wonderful.

Here is my would be tweets of the week:
 " I would be lying if I say I didn't want to take home every Mongolian baby I see".
" One thing I have learned being in a 3rd world country is to just pick the hair out of your food and keeping eating. You wouldn't want to offend anyone.  #wellitscookedisntit

K Love you family!! Stay Safe.

-Sister Sara Eskelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment