Sunday, June 8, 2014

Green Green Green

So this week went super fast.  Tuesday allll of our appointments canceled. It was not a good day... But then we climbed this hill in our area after trying to go to a new members house who wasn't home.  And it was especially green that day. And I had the sound of Music in my head. So we decided to reinact the opening scene, where she's running up the hill and singing "the hills are alive with the sound of music".  So I was taking the video and my companion, and she starts running up and singing. All of a sudden, she runs, and trips, then faceplants on the hill. I died. It was so funny. I wish I could show you all the video. Maybe it's not that funny, but we were laughing so hard. It felt so nice.

So this week I got to go to a different city, Erdnent.  I am not spelling that right.  So my companion is an STL and she went to the city with the other STL, so I was on a transfer. But my temporary companion had to go to her hometown to go to the doctor. So we went for a day and a half. It is so beautiful. And I got to see the Hills, they were in the MTC with us. They are just wonderful people. They gave us waffles, with really mrs. butters' worth syrup... so good.  I felt like I was at my grandma's or something.  I'm so grateful I got to see them. And in the morning for work out we climbed a mountain, with the big buddha on it.  It was so pretty. Sorry I am not sending pictures. 2 weeks ago i lost all of my pictures and had to pay money to get it restored. Its the 2nd time this has happened. Also side note- parents: my sd card is full of viruses, so when I send it home, be careful.  We didn't do any missionary work in Erdent, but it was wonderful.  Then we took a taxi back to Darxhan and I got to see the country side of Mongolia its beautiful. I have an item to add on my bucket list. I am going to comeback and rent a motorcycle and go from one side of the country to the other side. It's so beautiful in here. Of course I will not be alone, and I will go in July.  And I'm convinced there are more than 3 million people in this country. There are so many gehrs just randomly in the country-side, all over.  The country is like a mysterious, magical place, and its like a black hole, where people are always going and coming back. And we always lose investigators to the country side.  Mongolians are still so very  nomadic... minnie xovd, my opinion.

So we didn't get back to Friday night and then the next day we had a ward activity where we went to the river all day.  IT WAS SO FUN. Our investigators bailed last minute. But it was the most perfect day. My companion is leaving, so the ward activity was kind of in honor of her a little bit.  And we prayed soooo hard to have good weather.  So the next day we went and there were seriously rain clouds every where except right above us. Blue skies, it couldn't not have been more perfect. Heavenly Father does answer prayers.  And as soon as we got on the bus to leave it started to rain. Can you say miracle. Also, I GOT TO PLAY SOCCER. That was such a tender mercy. I miss playing soo much.  Sidenote: I don't know if Mongolians always play soccer.  Lets just say I felt really confident while playing, which never happens.  But I'm so thankful.

OH MY GOODNESS- PARENTS Thank you so much for the work out videos! Especially the Richard simmons one. I died.  Me and my  companion did it the night we got it.

Well love you Family!

Sister Sara Eskelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment