Sunday, June 29, 2014

Karaoke?

This week has been sooooo up and down. One day I was so happy, the next day I was ready to leave Mongolia, then I was really happy again.  I was in the city for two days, for english teaching training.  And I got to see one of this family who really helped me in my first area. They are moving back to utah in July, so I won't get to see them again till after my mission. But I'm so grateful I got to have dinner with them.  Plus, the husband shared the scripture I needed to get through my couple of rough days. "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God." Key words that got me through, were "then his grace is sufficient for you".

This week we met with my mini-missionaries family. We started teaching their whole family. I think I said that last week maybe. But it was so cool. I LOVE HER GRANDMA so much. My mini-missionary is leaving on wednesday. And her grandma asked, if I was still going to come... and I was like... "OF COURSE"...  I love teaching her. She can't understand me. My companion will say exactly what I just said, while we are teaching. But it's okay. I still can't believe I'm the one with the terrible accent now. haha

This week we had a ward activity. Not a lot of members came.... BUT I had 3 investigators come. IT WAS A MIRACLE. Especially for Ochir Ax and tsegmed egch.  Ochir Ax keeps saying that he will come to church, but after we ask him why he doesn't come and he keeps saying "oh I couldn't, my health". So This week we met with the branch president. and He told us that one of the members with a car could come pick him up. He's 74, He has no voice box, and he has heart problems. So mean I understand its not easy for him to come to church. But we will try to make it easy.  So even though the ward activity wasn't the best, I remember this one talk that an area 70 gave in the MTC, about church activities. He was an investigator and showed up to this youth activity. And he remembers playing this stupid cat game.  Which he thought it was strange. BUT he didn't remember the people he met, and saw that they were somehow different.  He said, we don't need to have better activities, there are already great activities going on. So I just kept thinking about that the whole time during the activity.  And my mini missionary's grandma was at the activity. It was karaoke and dancing. Which it was all traditional mongolian songs about mothers, brothers, fathers, and horses, so I felt totally not guilty. And her grandma all of a sudden grabbed me and we danced. haha like waltz kinda. I was surprised.  Even though I made shouldn't have, IT WAS SUCH A BLESSING. I miss dancing sooooo much.

Also, this sunday we had a few of our new investigators come to church, but it was not easy. We are teaching this family, well just the kids. So half an hour before church stated we ran to their house, and helped everyone get ready and then we all piled in the car, and went to church. The parents just dropped the kids off... but I think it's great that they drove us.  And the kids loved church.  So the dad is a taxi driver. And we got in his taxi last week, and my companion started talking about church. Then we went to our investigators and house and he had to remind us that we got in his taxi.  BUT THIS THINGS JUST DON"T HAPPEN... So maybe right now they won't listen to us... but maybe later.

Oh my favorite scripture that I studied this week. In Nephi 4: O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm".

Well I hope all is well! LOVE YOU FAMILY!





Sister Sara Eskelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment