Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July

This week I got a new companion.  Her name is Sister Magleby, she is from Rexburg Idaho. She has been on her mission for a year and 3 months.  I love being with americans Ive decided. It is just so much easier when two people can communicate.

So this week is Nadam, this huge holiday here. I have no idea what to expect. It's weird to have a huge holiday in the middle of the summer. But I get to wear my traditional clothes, so I'm excited. And see horse racing cause i'm in the country.

So this week was so weird. Almost a month and a half ago, Sister Matthews and I got this call from our branch president saying we need to go to the church right now, there is an investigator there. So we met with her, and felt prompted to extend the baptismal invitation. So she accepted and wanted to be baptized. Me and sister mathews were in wonder. But then she went to the city, and never heard from her again. It was so weird. So this week she called us randomly and said she was at the church. So we went and she was basically begging to be baptized as soon as possible.  So we went home and planned to see if we could get all the lessons in.  Then the next day we were going to meet at here house to go to church together.... But she doesn't answer her phone.  We kept calling, and waiting, and eventually we just decided to leave.  I'm so sad. I don't get this whole situation.  She is really great, 21, studying to be a doctor.  But I don't know what will happen.

And this week Ochir Ax and Tsegmed Egch went to the city, and after will go to this resting place (it sounded kind of like a nursing home maybe).  And they won't be back for a month or two.  I am a little devastated.  I love them so much.  They need the gospel so bad. But it's okay I know they, will be okay.

Also this week, we have a new investigator. We have this new member in our ward she is 13 years old and her younger sister who is also an investigator is 11.  They older sister who is 16, has always kind of listened to lessons, but wold not participate in our lessons. But then finally we asked and she said yes. We set a baptismal date for August. I was so happy after this lesson. Now we just need to get their parents to listen/participate in the lessons.

K so this week for fourth of July I was in the city getting my new companion. And how did we celebrate 4th of July... yeah we got KFC.  I neeeever ate KFC in the US, but it's so good here.  So we were suppose to be heading to the Bus stop, to go back to Darxhan... but like then we thought we really needed to do something american. So we went KFC.  After we went to the bus station and the other missionaries were mad at us, because they were waiting for us... We did noot tell them about KFC. So on the bus we were trying to hide it and eat it and the same time... yeah we got through it and it was grand. Also I had one of the senior couples pull up "Raggedy Old Flag" by Johnny Cash.  What is more American than that?? Probably fireworks, but no opportunity for fire works.

In my study this week I was in the Isaiah chapters in Nephi.  This is a really cool verse: 2 Nephi 27:3 - And all the nations that fight against Zion, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision; yea, it shall be unto them, even as unto a hungry man which dreameth, and behold he eateth but he awaketh and his soul is empty; or like unto a thirsty man which dreameth, and behold he drinketh but he awaketh and behold he is faint, and his soul hath appetite; yea, even so shall the multitude of all the nations be that fight against Mount Zion.

When we don't center our lives on the gospel we will be like these people, we will live but our spirit will be hungry. I love how this verse describes spiritual hunger.  There are so many around us that have and empty soul.  They Hunger and thirst but don't know where to partake of.

Also, I fiiiiinaly got a hold of the General conference Liahona issue in English.  It was wonderful I read the talk this week about Obedience by L. Tom Perry.  So he starts talking about directing a team of horses.  The driver controls the horses by the bit in the horse's mouth.  "If a member of the team ever believes that it does not need to obey the will of the driver the team will never pull and work together to maximized their ability. " He likens the driver to the lord and the bit to the spirit.   "We must be sensitive to our spiritual bits. Even with the slightest tug from the Master, we must be willing to completely alter our course."  This week I had an experience with my bit being completely turned.  How necessary it is to be obedient, because Heavenly Father is all-knowing, when we rely on our self, we lose blessings. How grateful I am that we can "tap into His insight, power and gifts".

Well Family Love you!

Sister Sara Eskelsen

My Planner Tweets - would be tweets:

Do you even know how easy it would be to run away in Mongolia?? #VERYEASY

Dear Iphone, I miss you dearly. I will never forget you.  #9moremonthsbeloved

What is cuter than a baby in a delth.... A baby in a delth, with cute boots. #canitakeonehome

No comments:

Post a Comment