Sunday, April 13, 2014

General Conference

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS SO AMAZING.  I got to watch it this week with all the American missionaries. I can't wait to get my hands on the conference issue of the ensign.  But this biggest things i got out of conference was we need to having charity for our loved ones and others.  

So this week I read the full talk on the 4 types of missionaries. The 1st two don't seem important to me but the last two i think really hit me.  The 3rd missionary is a good missionary, is obedient and works hard.  The 4th missionary is a good missionary, obedient, works hard, and gives their will to their Father in Heaven.  What is the difference between the two giving up your will and 

giving your whole heart to the work.  Is it bad that I count my months down, and think about home sometimes... not bad per say but I am still thinking of what I would rather be doing and not what He wants me to do.  
Our Heavenly Father has everything, and can take or give anything he wants. But as a gift to us he gave us our agency. That is the only thing that is only ours and one thing that he will never deny us of.   When we give our will to him, we accept and trust Him.  We accept that he really does know best. He is the most anonymous giver, and will always love us.  He knows exactly what will make us the most happy now and in the long run.  

 19 For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the fHoly Spirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchildksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
 When we decided to follow our own will instead of God's will we are rejecting that Heavenly Father is a perfect being. We saying we know best. But his ways are not our ways. In conference I loved the talk, I dont' know who said it but "Many people don't follow some commandments because they don't understand them, or see a reason for them. Just like a parent has rules for children, and children don't always understand why we have rules (quoted but not a real quote haha)". That is why we have commandments, and why obedience, and consecration to our Heavenly Father are really what is necessary.  So everyday I have to strive to consecrate everything I have to the lord, my heart, might, mind and strength.
Well this week was kind of slow with work, but we have 3 really awesome investigators that are progressing so well. I think next week they will get baptized, hopefully.  But I don't really care about the baptisms. I care that they are converted to the lord. 
I only have 6 more classes of English left till September. I'm quite excited!  I will miss them but I will be excited that I won't have to prepare!
Well Love you all Family! Stay safe.
Sister Sara Eskelsen

1. us with our investigator and a couple members!

2. All the American sisters in Mongolia, well almost all. I think we are missing one.

3. Me after an appointment in our area.  

4. Me with sister holt who is a genius, and amazing person.




No comments:

Post a Comment