Sunday, March 2, 2014

Almost 6 months In

Well, this week was a little difficult.  Being obedient is really important. When we are not obedient Heavenly Father withholds blessings.  And it is not enough for just 1 person to be obedient, but the whole companionship. This week I am trying to figure out how to teach the importance of obedience to my companion.  This is what I have learned so far.  We have to love them and then teach by the spirit.  Otherwise nothing else will be as effective. But I am still trying to figure out the best way.
This was such a slow week. Everyone kept canceling on us. Plus we I had 3 trainings this week District Meeting, Zone Teaching, and English Teaching Training. So much time is wasted when we have to take the bus to the Headquarters.
But we had Stake conference this week. IT WAS SO GOOD. I have always loved stake conference. It was all about the Temple.  They reorganized, the stake and district in Ulaanbaatar.They said it would help the growth of the church, so sometime soon Mongolia could have a temple. I guess to get the 1st presdiency's attention Mongolia needs to have at least 1,000. current temple recommend holders.
 Right now there are 2 stakes, 1 district and 500 current temple recommend holders.  But, there have been over 1,000 Mongolians that have been to the temple to get their endowments out. So the message from the general authority was to 1) Rescue, 2)Learn 3)don't get offended.  It was amazing because I have been slowly but surely for the last 2 years gaining a strong testimony of how important the temple is.  And since the MTC I have felt strongly that Mongolia needs a temple so bad.  But the members need to participate in the missionary work. And so far, they are. We are now doing visiting teaching spits with the relief society.  I have such a strong feeling that this will help.  Visiting teaching is so important. Members need to feel other members love, and strength. Also, it was nice because 3 of the talks were in English, 2 from the Hong Kong temple presidency ( i think) and one from a general authority. 

I hope that Mongolia will at least announce a temple by the time I leave. 

But I hope everyone is doing well! Miss you and love you! 

Sister Eskelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment