Friday, January 31, 2014

The Sun is Shining here.

So this week has been not that bad cold wise. It's suppose to be really cold right now and my companion says it's usually colder. But I'm so grateful it's not. And I know this warmer weather is a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. There was one night last week that was sooo cold. But alas it was only one night and the next day the sun was shining. I was so grateful.

This week was OK. Much better than last week. I had to share a spiritual thought at my district meeting which i was scared about but I want to share my thoughts. So the topic was charity. In the bible dictionary it says that Charity is "The highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection; the pure love of Christ." In the scriptures there are so many missionaries that have this kind of love. In Alma 8:10,14 Also there are many examples of great missionaries in the Book of Mormon. They all have one thing in common. They all are in great alarm for other people's welfare. They don't want them to sin because of the eternal consequences it brings. In Alma 8: 10 & 14 10 Nevertheless Alma labored much in the spirit, wrestling with God in mighty prayer, that he would pour out his Spirit upon the people who were in the city; that he would also grant that he might baptize them unto repentance. 14 And it came to pass that while he was journeying thither, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much tribulation and anguish of soul, because of the wickedness of the people who were in the city of Ammonihah, it came to pass while Alma was thus weighed down with sorrow, behold an angel of the Lord appeared unto him, saying: His literally depressed because of other peoples sins. He exemplifies what having true charity for others is. I have been pondering on these since I got to Mongolia. How do I gain that kind of charity towards my investigators? Well I don't have an answer but I know that I need to pray mightily for this.

Anyway, I hope everyone is praying for missionary opportunities to share the gospel! 
This week we have a Baptism, Monxzaya. She is 18 and she is amazing. She grows in faith every time we see here. After her baptismal interview she said she was really happy. It was amazing. I can not even wait.

So New Years Eve I was switching back with my companion and we were down my Sooxvater Square. We were waiting for the bus to go back to our apartment and all of a sudden were here a drum line... like a parade. So I looked at my companion and we started running towards the sound of the drums. So we got to the drums and there was this parade of Santas playing drums and then tons of people were in costumes marching/dancing down the street. It was so wonderful!! So my companion and I started walking with them for a little while till this camera crew showed up. It was so amazing. I forgot it was new years eve. So then the next day we went to 5 different people's houses to eat food. Holly Molly I was stuffed! I ate so many boads and potato salad. Oh feel like I gained 10 pounds. We didn't really get to teach because it was a holiday. We went to people's houses and mostly just shared scriptures.

Well I hope you all had so much fun at the wedding! I'm so sad I missed it.

HOLY MOLY MARA"S GETTING MARRIED!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Also, I am doing to no sugar thing... is anyone doing it with me!???

No comments:

Post a Comment